We all know passports are a powerful tool, and a new study shows which passports give travelers the most global mobility.
Financial firm Arton Capital is ranking the world’s most powerful passports, based on how many countries can be visited without a visa or by getting one upon arrival.
According to CNN Money, developed countries with advanced economies are at the top. The U.S. and U.K. passports hold the top spot, giving its holders access to 147 countries.
The top five ranked passports are:
1. The U.S. and U.K. – 147 countries
2. France, South Korea and Germany – 145 countries
3. Sweden and Italy – 144 countries
4. Denmark, Singapore, Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, and Netherlands – 143 countries
5. Switzerland – 142 countries