Trips & Trends
Airfarewatchdog Lists 2013’s Scary Airports
Thursday, October 24th, 2013
You’re in for a thrill if you’re traveling to these airports.
Airfarewatchdog just released its list of scary airports for 2013:
– Sea Ice Runway, Antarctica
– Gibraltar Airport, Gibraltar
– Madeira Airport, Portugal
– Qambo Bamda Airport, Tibet
– Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport, Saba Island
– Kai Tak Airport, Hong Kong
– Matekane Air Strip, Lesotho
– Eagle County Regional Airport, Vail, CO
– Narsarauq Airport, Greenland
– Ketchikan International Airport, Ketchikan, AK
So why are these airports fear inducing? Some have very short runways, landing strips that are high above sea level, and one that is close to the mountains and ocean.